iChat is the native built-in instant messenger in Mac OS X. I love to use it as it is a very responsive, clean, and fast communication tool. I wish to integrate all my communication account to iChat instead of opening several communication apps. All in one communication tool in iChat is ideal for me. I got my Facebook chat on iChat, as well as Gmail chat with iChat. I feel to have MSN (Windows Live Messenger) integrated too. This entry will help you to add MSN as one of the accounts in iChat.
- First, you need an additional app named Cocoon. it is the plugin to help you integrate your MSN account to iChat.
- Download Cocoon and install it on your Mac.
- Install Cocoon into your Mac OS X. In my case, I installed it in my iMac.
- You will be requested to log off your Mac and re-login.
- After re-login, go to your iChat.
- Go to the accounts tab, and press the + button.
- You should see the selection below. Choose MSN, key in your MSN account & password.
- Press done to continue.
- You should receive msg from Cocoon if your account is set up completely.
Enjoy your MSN iChat. I feel very comfortable having all accounts in iChat. Hope you enjoy it too. Feel free to drop me a comment.